Here is a list of High Fat Foods which should be avoided for maintaining a healthy body. These food items can contain both Saturated Fats and Unsaturated Fats in different proportions. High Fat (specially Trans Fat & Saturated Fat) can lead to high cholesterol, cardiovascular diseases, diabetes and obesity. It is best to avoid these food items or use them sparingly. Fast Food and Foods items which are deep fried in oil contain harmful Trans Fat. Processed Foods like Cakes, Cookies etc. are also very high in Trans Fat. You can always substitute High Fat Foods with Low Fat Foods. You can read more about the Different Types of Fat in Food and the ways in which fatty foods cause health problems.
Food Items High in Fat
- Whole Eggs
- Whole Milk
- Ramen Noodles & other Instant Noodles
- Croissants, Rolls, Muffins, Bagels
- Butter, Margarine, Shortening, Lard (Pork Fat)
- Ice cream
- Whipping Cream, Sour Cream
- Cheese, Cream Cheese
- Cakes, Cookies, Pastries, Crackers, Pies, Doughnuts
- Breaded/Fried Fish & Meat
- Canned Soups & Beans
- White Sauce/Alfredo Sauce
- Processed Meats – Bologna, Salami, Hot Dogs, Bacon, Sausage
- Organ Meats – liver, kidney, brain etc.
- Untrimmed Beef/Pork
- Packaged Foods – Cake Mixes, Pancakes Mixes
- Fast Food – Chicken, Burgers, French Fries
- Cooking Oil
If you have to choose a Food Item which is high in fat (eg. Cooking Oil), make sure that it contains only Unsaturated Fat. Some food items rich in unsaturated fat are Fish, Nuts, Olive Oil and so on. Avoid Saturated and Trans Fat Food Items completely.