When was the last time you went for a walk in your neighbourhood? When was the last time you went out and stood in your Patio, to breathe some fresh air and enjoy the chirping of a bird? We all need time to relax and rejuvenate. The easiest way to do that is by connecting with nature. We often forget how beautiful Nature can be. We are so busy in our lives that we forget the need to go out and explore our surroundings. We blame the Harsh Winter or even the Hot Summer and prefer to be cozy inside our own walls.
Here are a few things which will help us to connect with Nature and experience a moment of Tranquility.
- When you wake up in the morning, make it a habit to go out and stand in your Patio for a while, enjoying the sights and sounds. It may be cold but wrap yourself in warm clothes and breathe some fresh air, even if it’s only for five minutes.
- It’s important to bask yourself in Sunlight even during Winter. Sunlight has a truly positive effect on our minds. None of us enjoy dark and depressing rainy days, right? So be sure to go out and see some day light.
- If you are a Stay-at-home person, stretch your legs at least twice a day. Take your pet for a walk or find a friendly neighbour and go for a lovely walk in your neighbourhood. You can catch up on day to day matters as you stroll around.
- Enjoy the small things around you like flowers, trees, birds and snow. I love the flowers in front of my apartment. They truly light me up.
- When the weather is good, you can take your car for a wash. Do not be in a hurry to finish the task. Relax and enjoy the time and you can have some fun with your spouse and kids.