If you are like me and don’t want to spend lot of money on toys, I suggest sensory play. I read about sensory play when my little one turned a year and ever since I have tried to incorporate it into his daily play. Here are a few things which my toddler loves:
- Uncooked Pasta – Use a few plastic bins, bowls and spoons and your toddler will enjoy playing with it. Use the bigger variety to avoid choking.
- Sand – My toddler can play for hours in sand. Of course, be ready to deal with mess and the fact that you will have to give your toddler a bath after playing with sand.
- Stones or Rocks – Whenever we go for a stroll in the neighbourhood, my little one loves exploring small rocks. Collect them in a plastic bin for daily play.
- Water – We bought a water table for my son’s 2nd birthday and it has been a great gift. He loves playing with it for 30-45 minutes at a time.
- Play dough – Little hands love playing with dough. I simply make my own dough with flour and water when needed rather than running to the store.
- Bubbles – So much fun to watch your toddler chasing after bubbles.