On my husband’s first birthday after our Wedding, I wanted to do something special for him. I wanted to surprise him and show him how much I loved him. I kept on thinking about the various ways I could express my love and gratitude. As I wasn’t working, I had lot of time for myself. I decided to throw a surprise birthday party at midnight. I invited all his friends and went on to make a Birthday Card. Somehow, I felt a hand made card was perfect way to show that I cared for him. I went on to bake a home made cake and tried experimenting with icing for the first time in my life. It wasn’t the perfect cake but it was definitely baked with all my love. My husband had the biggest surprise of his life when his friends turned up at midnight. I felt so happy when I saw him beaming. He was totally flattered with my small home made gifts. It was the least I could do for him.
So ladies, there is nothing you can’t do to show your love for your Spouse. Put on your thinking caps and come up with innovative ideas.
Here are a few ideas:-
- Make a hand made birthday card. Grab a few crayons, sketch pens, paper cuttings and go ahead with the card. Put your thoughts to words and pen it down.
- Even if you are working and don’t have time, bake a surprise cake for him on his birthday. It is not going to take more than an hour or two. You can order a Cake any day, but baking it for him is the most wonderful thing you can do.
- Throw in a surprise party at midnight. Call all your friends and ask them to keep it a surprise.
- Leave a birthday note on the bed for him to see, when he wakes up in the morning.
- Take an old lipstick and go ahead and wish him “Happy Birthday” on the bedroom or bathroom mirror.
- Tie a Birthday Balloon to his Car Window so that he is taken by surprise when he leaves for office.
- Send him a birthday SMS and email when he is in office.
- Order a nice gift for him online and have it delivered to his office address. It will be a total surprise.
- Prepare a special home made lunch or dinner for him. Eating out on birthdays is so common, why not have a candle light Dinner at home.
- Decorate the walls of your living room with Birthday Messages, so that he sees it when he comes home in the evening.